Attraction Trends to Watch for This Year
The attractions industry, being the competitive industry that it is, is always evolving to meet the ever-changing demands of the consumer. While there are a variety of trends to look out for this year already, they can be narrowed down into five areas.
- Immersive. Attraction goers no longer just want to be immersed in an experience, but they are starting to expect it. There are a wide variety of immersive trends for 2024, including gamification, immersive art and history experiences, the use of AI and unique hotel experiences that keep the fun going even after someone has left an attraction for the day.
- Ethical. Visitors care about how exhibits and museums obtain collections and artifacts, and they care about both the emotional and physical well-being of animals at theme parks, zoos, and aquariums.
- Child-Oriented. While attractions for kids aren’t new, there’s an upward trend for bringing big brands to life for kids in permanent spaces, as well as focusing on family-friendly offerings and resorts.
- Fun Food. Food is becoming a progressively more important part of the visitor experience. Attraction goers expect food and drinks to be themed, curated and sometimes the main event. If not, the environment needs to make up for it.
- Accessible. More and more venues are working to provide space for everyone, including those in wheelchairs, those with impairments of any kind and neurodivergent guests.
Read more in-depth information on attraction trends for 2024 here. (Blooloop, 01.02.24)
Interested in offering something new to help keep up with today’s demands? Make sure your decisions are backed up by research. Email us today to get started.
Want market insights in your inbox?
Sign up below to receive H2R's free monthly e-mails summarizing the latest trends.
We respect your privacy.