Vacasa Releases 2021 Vacation Rental Insights
Vacasa recently released its 2021 Vacation Rental Search Report, highlighting 15 findings about travelers’ browsing and purchase behavior these past 12 months.
Here are 5 of those findings:
- Planning ahead. The median booking window has increased from 20-30 days to 35-40 days, a signal that travelers are becoming more comfortable with making long-term plans.
- Twice the traffic. The vacation rental boom is no exaggeration – Vacasa.com site traffic and the number of users more than doubled compared to last year (+116% and +235%, respectively).
- Settling in for a week. The average guest stay is 5% longer compared to last year. Short trips are declining in popularity: 1- and 2-night stays account for 24% of total bookings, compared to 34% last year.
- Spending habits. While nearly half of guests appear to be budget-conscious by searching within specific price ranges, guests seem more willing to spend on vacation compared to pre-pandemic. The average total reservation cost has grown 22%, driven by longer stays and slightly higher average rates.
- Water, water everywhere. When it comes to home amenities, guests love to be near water in any form. Oceanfront, ocean view, pool, lakefront, hot tub and water front are the 6 amenities guests search for most often.
Read the full report here.
Want market insights in your inbox?
Sign up below to receive H2R's free monthly e-mails summarizing the latest trends.
We respect your privacy.